Our Tiny Bohemian Container home has a lot to love including your own washer/dryer combo. The minimalist, RV Movement and living with less having more mentality is going strong. Traveling professionals on a budget say this is the best place in Lubbock, Texas
Converting this beautiful blue hunk of steel into a relaxing tiny piece of cuteness was one of the most challenging builds because of space. After three types of beds/couch/chair/table, we think the couch daybed will stay for a while. Rooftop patio in the near future.
806 Cozy Homes identifies with privacy, a sense of security, an in-between home, community feeling with family flare.
Tips for living or traveling small :
No one really loves doing piles and piles of laundry, right? Minimalists have the right idea, to buy fewer articles of good, high-quality pieces of clothing rather than having a huge wardrobe for cheaper clothes. Here’s a great article straight from our archives teaching you How to Build a Minimalist Wardrobe.
It’s been five years since we started living out our dream even though our vision wasn’t as clear as it is today. Our values built into every corner of this property. We don’t underestimate what hard work and hope can do for one’s life thus came 806cozyhomes happened. By staying resourceful and flexible, we became small business owners of 806cozyhomes, therefore, can now offer you a place to stay for as little or as long as you need.
Life will never be systematic but rather spontaneous, and one must be ready for adventure at any turn. Today our lives demand convenience, but it shouldn’t be at the cost of your individual individualism experience. If your journey does lead you here subsequentially find out how being practical and unique can be proved comfy.
Tiny with a lot of attitudes! Even though it is small, its robust personality makes us appreciate it even more. What you see is more than what you get. Life in a tiny world means we waste less and think more about our impact. This little house understands what it takes to be happy. its practical design encompasses everything you need.
Having fewer items means less storage is needed so it’s possible to live in a smaller space. This influences monthly expenses, bringing them down to a more manageable level, freeing up money for other endeavors.
The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “A kind person is the best kind of person.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “The best gift is the joy of less.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “Worry less about how something looks—worry more about how it makes you feel.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Nevertheless, more than half of Americans would consider living in a home that’s less than 600 square feet,according to a survey done by the National Association of Home Builders. And among Millennial’s, interest increases to 63%.
am pretty new to the world of travelling healthcare. I started my first travel OT contract just months ago in May 2018, but I spent about a year beforehand considering my options, thinking through various travel contract scenarios, and researching housing cost and availability in a few of my preferred locations. Even when I was starting out with my first real contract, it did not even occur to me to consider taking company housing. I was too excited to see what was out there for myself; looking at housing has always been kind of a hobby of mine. And with the freedom and cost effectiveness of finding and choosing your own housing, it was a no-brainer for me.
After my first few months of travelling, I have considered some items that may be helpful for you as a travelling healthcare professional to feel comfortable in a furnished place away from home. I hope these ideas will help you determine some answers to the seemingly never-ending question of just what to pack.
- Multi-purpose kitchen necessities. I find that having a few key kitchen items packed is convenient and practical, even when renting a place with a fully furnished kitchen. If a kitchen does not have a specific item you are used to cooking with, such as a full oven or microwave, it is awesome to have an alternative way to make some home-cooked meals.Items like a multi-use pressure cooker/crock pot are easy to use and time-saving, and versatile. I’ve made everything from roasts, ribs, and soups to cheesecakes in my electric pressure cooker! If you are a coffee or loose-leaf tea drinker, I find using an Aeropress is a great way of making your favorite drink. Rather than finding a place that has a good coffee maker or buying/packing a bulky one yourself, a simple tool like an Aeropress is compact, portable, and holds up well during travel. Finding conveniently located, cost-effective housing can be enough work without also trying to find the perfect kitchen. And if you are sharing the kitchen with the property owner or other travellers, it’s really nice to have an alternative means of cooking when other appliances may be in use.
- Spices and herbs. If you need them. A lot of places may provide simple ones like salt, pepper, garlic powder. I love packing a few others to round out my selection, especially when spices are usually small and easily packed. Pack them in your empty pressure cooker or crock pot (see above)! I love using my herbs and spices everywhere I go rather than buying the same things over and over
- Your favorite toiletries and clothing. This is kind of a no-brainer. You should probably pack some clothing. But I find that taking a somewhat minimalistic approach to my clothing selection is unbelievably helpful…I only pack what I really love and even then, only 1 of each kind of item. I also make it a point to donate a couple clothing items after each contract.I find that packing a few of my favorite, possibly also multi-purpose, toiletries is so beneficial. It does take up a bit more space, but it’s nice to not have to re-buy everything (just like those spices!) and to have items immediately available to you rather than needing to buy toothpaste and soap before you can even get comfortable in your new furnished home.
- A couple sentimental items or photos. The little touches you can add to your temporary home, which in essence is filed with someone else’s decor and style, make a huge difference. Something as small as 1-2 pictures of friends and family can make all the difference in helping you feel at ease and at home in your new place. Try packing a couple framed photos, a favorite candle, and/or something small like a refrigerator magnet to place around your new room to remind you of home.
- Digital copies of everything. I love this. Not only does keeping digital copies of important documents give you piece of mind, it also saves you time spent searching for a specific physical copy. I prefer keeping both my physical copies in a binder with me during a contract and using a couple online services like google docs and dropboxto have digital copies of everything I need in one place. The best part of these services is that you can access from anywhere you have an internet connection…from a computer, phone, or tablet. Keep everything from copies of your licenses, certifications, medical clearances, continuing education documents, even tax home information, in separate folders on one of these services to avoid.Alternatively, keeping items on a jump drive or on your computer is also beneficial, but I have found that to be not quite as convenient when wanting to quickly reply to an email checked on my phone when one of these documents is requested.
I hope these topics and ideas have inspired you to consider additional items that will benefit you personally in your travels. Have a wonderful next move and good luck with your housing search. What an awesome opportunity we have as travelling healthcare professionals!
This fully furnished tiny Bohemian themed home is perfect for someone with the minimalist but modern lifestyle.
Our rentals, and your home away from home community hopes to inspire better living for everyone. l welcome you to a bright spot in Lubbock, Texas
We are a customer service, enthusiastic couple, focused on your comfort and keeping your budget in mind.
Our mission is to serve the “On the Move Individuals” with the most reasonable market rates, a quite but fun community … when life happens let us be a part of the fix.
$799 per month all bills paid
Standalone Comfortable Modern Micro Home
Creative storage space
- Central Heat and Air
Single sink, one induction cook Top w/ small fridge, toaster and microwave dishes, utensils, towel, cleaning supplies
Kinetico water softener
All Utilities 100% Included
Wi-Fi and Netflix Smart TV
Storage rental if needed (contact for offers and availability)
Enjoying our belongings is fine, but when we start to rely on the external world for happiness, we can get in trouble. Minimalists know that true joy comes from within and can’t be bought or sold.